Tuesday 5 March 2013

My reflection on Nanolore


Nanolore
-       S.S. Prasad
I live on the outskirts of nanolore
Where builders promise gigaspace,
Past Intel, Pulsecore, Free scale.
My roads transform overnight into one ways
The traffic jam form a constellation
Of headlights along the national highway.
I go to my hometown for Christmas,
Have learnt to thank god for Fridays.
I live in a silicon valley that is remote controlled:
When it burns elsewhere, here it smokes.
I’m part of a game of snakes and ladders
I am not sure I’ll have my job tomorrow,
But for today, a six-digit gross is no joke.
The receptionist in my office panics at ISD calls,
And laughter fizzes in the cubicles like coke.
I have upgraded my car to Mercedes
From Maruti, my family is proud of me. But
My neck hurts from Repetitive Stress Injury,
My evenings are masked and nights enlarged
By the company that patents circuits, basmati,
Turmeric and neem.
I wear my tag, lest I forget who I am…

This story of S.S.Prasad was self explanatory and i think that the writer is comparing the two places in which he is living . He is also sound in this work as he has upgraded his car to Mercedes, though his job is not secured, he is really happy when it comes to going back to his home town for chirstmas .
he is working in a company of basmati , Turmuric and neem.
and at the end he says that I wear my tag ,lest i forget who i am...

No comments:

Post a Comment